Dallas, TX

Looking to get an ablation done for my pvcs. however i am concerned that my rhr could be a problem for anesthesia. my average rhr is 48 to 60. issue?

Dr. Kimberly Umhoefer
26 years experience
Resting hr varies: Resting heart rate can vary depending on the medication you take, physical condition, and many other factors. If you take a medication that is a beta blocker (Coreg, metoprolol, Toprol, etc) they can lower your heart rate and sometimes reduce your pvc's. Your cardiologist can decide if an ablation could benefit you.
Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine 35 years experience
Not a problem: The anesthesia required is a sedative one and even if general was required a HR in that range would not be a concern. If you are very active ( ie run etc) let the anesthesiologist know that. We have athletes all the time with RHR of 40. Also if needed we have medications to increase the rate should it be needed. Best of luck

Last updated Nov 28, 2017