U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Pine Bluff, AR
A 23-year-old female asked:

I think my ovarian cyst may have ruptured. i have some mild side pain but i am bleeding. should i go to er? bleeding 2 days

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 24 years experience
Obgyn visit: Unless your bleeding is excessive, the pain is severe or you are feeling weak and dizzy it is not likely that the ER would be an appropriate place for you. A better choice is to schedule a visit with an Obgyn who can do a complete evaluation of ovarian cysts and irregular menstrual bleeding. Many options will be available to help you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 19, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.