Canada

2 week old seems unsettled after breastfeeding ( squirming, grunting, frequent bm). can my breast milk be upsetting his stomach? is this ok?

Sounds normal: I see all of this as normal activity in early infancy.Please do not assume you are doing something wrong or that the milk is somehow at fault.As you do this longer you will learn how to read your babies quirks for what they are. I look at the odd noises as a celebration of new life.
Dr. Neigatha Graney
See Your Doctor Now: Determining the cause of symptoms in a newborn is beyond challenging without visual inspection. Moreover, the stated symptoms alone are non-specific which is typical for newborns therefore the risk of misdiagnosis is great. Much more info is needed such as pre-thru post-natal history, duration, feed/sleep schedule, full description of stools, and more. See your doctor now for proper evaluation.

Last updated Mar 8, 2019