Hi, my swab and urine results have come back and it's says enteric flora yeast negative. what does this mean?

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Infectious Disease 24 years experience
Enteric flora: These are the natural bacteria that live in the gut or bowels. E. coli is probably the most famous of the group. Yeast can sometimes live in the gut as well- and can become more prominent when we take antibiotics. This test basically is reporting on the microorganisms found when the doctor checked you. Lab tests need to be matched with symptoms - so I would ask your doc about it to find out more.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 8, 2020