U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Gray, KY
A 37-year-old female asked about a 67-year-old male:

My dad had a major brainstem stroke this past march& he's suffering bad involuntary body shakes& movements. what can be done for these movements?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
Treatments: Based on your description, very hard to categorize, but if he has incoordination causing this, use of weights on limbs might help. If these are myoclonic jerks, medication can control, similar if seizure activity. Might contact us with a video of activity, as that will help guide us.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 27, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.