New York, NY

The other day while taking a shower, i got water in both of my ears. ever since then, my ears hurt (the right is worse) & my sinuses are all clogged and i have a headache. what do i do for this?

Dr. Farshad Fani Marvasti
Infection?: You may have an ear infection or sinus infection or both. The water may have contributed to the development of the infection, it may be an outer ear infection that can be treated by antibiotic ear drops. It could also be a middle ear infection treatable with oral antibiotics. I would see your doctor to get it diagnosed and treated.
Dr. Kelly Kane
Homemade treatment: For mild swimmer's ear. 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 rubbing alcohol. Mix equal parts and use several drops to ears twice daily. If really painful you should probably contact your doctor. For your congestion you could rinse with nasal saline and consider a Pseudoephedrine trial. Good luck!

Last updated Jun 30, 2014