Hong Kong

gynecology question: what are the benefits of having transvaginal ultrasound during heavy period, as compared to without period?

Dr. Roger Duvivier
Questionable/unclear: The discomfort and inconvenience to you as well as the possibility of "confusing artifacts" for the sonographer, created by the presence of blood and menstrual material in your cervix and endometrium would seem to outweigh any potential benefit of "having a transvaginal ultrasound during heavy period". Asking your doctor directly for a rationale should help answer your concern.