FL

I had heart cath almost a week now, two days after discharge from hospital i lifted laundry basket,, now the site has this hard lump that hurts?

Dr. Kedarnath Vaidya
Specializes in Cardiology
Needs to be followed: I am assuming the heart cath was from the groin. Did they use a closure device? Was an intervention done? What you describe sounds like a small heamtoma- if it is getting bigger or pulsatile you need to have it looked at right away. If it is not changing then continue to observe it. Most small hematomas are managed expectantly . You can mark it with a pen and follow with pics on a smartphone

Last updated Nov 28, 2017