HI

I had a tonsillectomy 7 days ago and now there is a small amount of blood and it hurts when i drink cold water. is this normal?

Dr. James Okamoto
Depends: On several things, like pain tolerance, the amount of blood (small may mean a tsp to some, and a few drops to another!) As a Dr, I would rather see what your throat looks like before saying its normal! I once had a pt who asked whether to make an appt for a rash - I asked him to send a pic - when I saw it I sent him to the ER instead! I would call your Drs office and ask if they want to see you.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017