U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Jacinto City, TX
A 39-year-old female asked:

Alt came back 39. i'm concerned. i've also been having some upper right side pain, but i've had problems with my gall bladder...any advice?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Need more info: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Having said that, an ALT value of 39 per se is not to be concerned about. It would have helped to have rest of your lab data and imagining studies. It would be prudent to discuss it with your doctor who has access to this info. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 40-year-old female asked:
My mom had lab work her alt ( sgpt) was 37 is that pertaing to your bladder thanks?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
Cholesterol medicine advicor (lovastatin and niacin) side effects.?
1 doctor answer10 doctors weighed in
A 72-year-old female asked:
I had laparoscopic gall bladder removal 10 days ago and now I have pain in my back on right side?
1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jun 13, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.