United Kingdom

I had a medical abortion, it went well its been a month and my period has come on heavier than ever before soaking through tampons. is something wrong?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Heavy period : There are multiple options. Hormonal treatments such as birth control pills, Progesterone treatments and the Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud are effective reversible treatments that will help many people. There is also a drug called Lysteda that contains no hormones which will help others. If you are done having children discuss the option of an endometrial ablation.
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Maybe not: If you are still experiencing heavy bleeding at the following period, it would by wise to get examined by an MD and make sure that the medial abortion removed all of the tissue that was present and none was left behind.

Last updated Jun 8, 2016