Saudi Arabia

Does duphaston (10mg 3 times a day) harm the baby if i'm 21 weeks pregnant? my doc. advised me to take it cuz sometimes i feel pressure in my belly

Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
Obstetrics & Gynecology 35 years experience
Do not agree: with your doctor's treatment. Are you having contractions? If so , has a cervical length measurement done with ultrasound? Occasional and random episodes of pressure in your belly are not unusual during pregnancy. If still unsure, may seek a consult with one of the HealthTap docs. Best Wishes
Dr. James Okamoto
Yes: when taken correctly. Duphaston has been used in pregnancy for women that have had miscarriages and when taken correctly it should be safe for your baby. As with any medication, it is important to weigh the risks vs benefits. If the benefits outweigh the risks then I would take the medication. Your Dr knows you best, so if you have concerns regarding your meds, be sure to ask!

Last updated May 31, 2016