Vadnais Heights, MN

ive been sick for 9 days. symptoms: sore throat, congestion, hacking cough. could this be allergies or is it more serious? lymph nodes aren't swollen

Dr. can check throat: Throat symptoms can be from a strep throat infection (antibiotics are needed), a cold or influenza (antibiotics usually not used), or from some other cause such as allergies or irritants. Usually, a person sees the doctor if the sore throat is bothersome, recurrent, or doesn't go away quickly (mainly to check for strep throat). Sounds like it's time for a trip to the doctor's office.