i have used veet- hair removal cream 2-3 times already during my pregnancy? but i just read that these creams should be avoided. is my baby safe?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Joel Sabean
50 years experience Dermatology
See below: Use of thiogycolate hair removal products is discouraged in pregnancy because of theoretical risks. No studies have been done showing it is safe or toxic for use in pregnancy according to the NIH. Because it reacts with hair enough to promote removal of hair, its use is discouraged in pregnancy. You should check with your OB-GYN, however, even though risk of fetal effects is low.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017
Dr. Stephen Gold
Specializes in Family Medicine
Probably: Your baby is probably safe. I cannot tell you the exact ingredients in this product therefore your best bet is to contact the manufacturer and see what they have to say. The safest thing in pregnancy is to avoid everything that is even the least bit questionable so that if there's a problem with your baby you won't ever wonder if there was something that you did to cause it. Good luck!
Answered on May 25, 2016