U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old female asked:

My stomach fills up with gas and i can't burp. it causes me to have stomach and chest pains. sometimes it happens after i eat or drink. what is it?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 60 years experience
Sounds like: pretty classical "GERD" (Gastrointestinal Reflux Disorder) ("Trapped Burp" syndrome) and your PCP should refer you to a Gastroenterologist who can make sure of the Diagnosis (Possible endoscopy) THERE IS EFFECTIVE TREATMENT for this condition! Hope this helps and Good Luck Dr Z
Last updated Oct 2, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.