Jacksonville, FL

receive labs results today. what could it mean when i have and iron saturation of 52% and normal ferritin levels? is that bad?

Pathology 49 years experience
Incomplete info: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Having said that, there is nothing wrong in the information you provided. What is your hemoglobin? For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine.