Houston, TX

I have a decayed tooth down to the gums and it is now swollen with a lump behind my ear. i have amoxicillin 500mg how many equals 3g can take@ once?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Phone Call: You need to call a dentist IMMEDIATELY for treatment. You do realize that antibiotics will not solve your problem. You need to have that tooth extracted, and failure to do so now can result in the infection spreading to other parts of your body. If that happens, you may need hospitalization. Please call now.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Infection: You have a serious severe infection. Antibiotic will not cure it, only control spread of infection for as long as you take the Meds. When you stop, infection will come roaring back. You need extraction or root canal to cure the infection. Assuming your Dentist prescribed the antibiotic, there will be specific dose instructions on the bottle. SEE DENTIST NOW,
Last updated May 15, 2016