HI

I have a small patch of itchy and painful red bumps in the center of my spine. just showed up, i can feel the skin a little tighter that area.

Dr. Katherine Caldwell
Rash/itchy: If only on one side of your back, it could be shingles, and you should go see a doctor today to start the medication for it (there is a window of 48 hrs to start the meds). If the rash is on both sides of your back, it isn't shingles, and then, you could try an OTC hydrocortisone cream twice a day for up to 1 week, no longer. Avoid scratching the area. If it is getting worse, see a doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 13, 2017