Brazil

I choked on something last night (not sure if it was solid or liquid) and managed to cough and vomit it up. but now when i cough i get chest pain?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
See doctor: It is not uncommon to have pain in the chest cage or the diaphragm after violent vomiting, but if you still have a cough 24 hours after the episode then I would be concerned over aspiration pneumonia. If the problem persists for another day or gets worse at any time, see your doctor- however in case of doubt, get checked out sooner rather than later.

Last updated May 11, 2016