New York, NY

I keep reading there is no proof that daily vitamin c can help the body, but a deficiency is bad so shouldn't you try to eat alot of foods with vit c ?

Dr. Katherine Caldwell
Vitamins/minerals: The body needs dozens and dozens of vitamins and minerals to work properly. Vitamin C is only one of them. A deficiency of any of them is not good. An excess of some is also not good. Excess Vit C is simply excreted by the kidneys into the urine. Your body is very good at regulating it. I recommend a balanced diet, with the RDA of VitC. Having "a lot" more than recommended won't keep you healthier.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017