I had upper and lower scopes done on Friday. It is now Sunday and I am still experiencing severe diarrhea. Is this normal?

Dr. Faiz Shakir
14 years experience in Gastroenterology
See answer: I'm not exactly clear if you were having diarrhea before and the procedures were being done to evaluate the diarrhea, which is now worse.. you should call the GI doctor and ask about this. Otherwise, if you've had a change in your bowel habits after the colonoscopy, it is not uncommon to have diarrhea but it should not be severe. You may need to go to urgent care/ER to get this checked out.
Answered on May 19, 2017