Ocoee, FL

miscarried the levels were 175 but i just took a pregnancy test came back positive a strong positive at that is this a new pregnancy i never got my pd?

Dr. Anthony Gingo
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Miscarriage: Hcg levels fall just like they rise. The value halves every 48 hours on average, just like it doubles on average on the way up. So whether this is new or not depends on when you miscarried. But if it was close it may be difficult to say. That is why I tell my patients no unprotected intercourse until after the first normal cycle after a D and C or spontaneous miscarriage. Hope this helps. DrG

Last updated May 7, 2016