Hudson, OH

Aside from lyme itself, do the long-term and sometimes extreme treatment protocols by "lyme literate mds" for tick-borne illness have any truth? they have you believe all humans in the e usa need combitorial antibiotics/antiprotozoals to find health

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Infectious Disease 24 years experience
Beware of quacks: The problem with Lyme disease is that there is a whole other 'culture' of treating Lyme that is well outside of established medical principles. There's actually a case I know of where the patient DIED because of some 'quack' treatment by one of these Lyme doctors. I suggest you seek out a board certified Infectious Disease doctor who can offer you real options that actually work and restore health
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 6, 2016