TX
A member asked about a female:

My child is 7 years old and he weighs about 53 pounds. he is on his 2nd round of amoxicillin 400 mg/ 5ml for strep throat. he takes 7.5 ml twice a day?

Dr. Alan Levine
What is the question: There is no actual question here, so I will assume that your are asking if he is receiving the proper dose. For your child's weight and the reason for which the antibiotic is being prescribed, it is the proper dose. It should be given for the total time that it has been prescribed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 27, 2017