IL

I'm taking metronidazole and amoxicillin together but my stool is extremelywatery and i have to go often. should i stop taking one of the two or both?

Dr. Charles Turck
Pharmacology 18 years experience
Not yet, contact MD: It's too hard to counsel you to stop without weighing so many different things, including (but not limited to): why you're taking the medication, when the watery stools started relative to when you started the antibiotics, and how far into your course you are. That said, contact your prescriber (or pharmacy if not possible) for this real-time discussion, as it *may* be an effect.

Last updated May 11, 2021