il

I had my c-reactive protein level checked and it was 1.55. the ref range said anything under .80 is normal. is 1.55 considered really high??

Pathology 45 years experience
No: Truth be told, I wouldn't be much concerned. Nobody really knows what to do with this number if you feel well. The stuff's produced by the debris in advanced atherosclerotic plaques, giving rise to what I think is the myth that "high C-reactive protein is a coronary risk." And values fluctuate with minor illnesses. If your physician isn't worried, I wouldn't be either.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 49 years experience
Yes it is!: Even 0.8 is too high from heart health point of view. See a rheumatology specialist!
Last updated Jun 4, 2017