A member asked:

I have a knot in my right shoulder, it causes a numbing ache in my shoulder, arm and hand, my fingers go from a numb feeling to a tingle. please help.

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Andrew Shiller answered

Specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

Discomfort in the shoulder with symptoms going into the arm, even the right side, should be checked out by a doctor. Most of the time it's nothing serious. But you need someone to evaluate your personal and family medical history, do a good exam, and see if the symptoms could be cardiac or neurological. Do that first. If ok, **then** think about myofascial pain and get treatment for that.

Answered Mar 19, 2019



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Nathaniel Schuster answered

Specializes in Pain Management

You should see a primary care doctor or neurologist for an examination to see if there's sign of any nerve or vessel compression. Sounds like there's also a component of myofascial pain with the right shoulder knot. That can be treated with a trigger point injection.

Answered Oct 11, 2021



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor