United Kingdom

I've had a jelly bean sized verruca on my big toe for 3 years. home freeze treatment and trying to cut it out have all failed, any recommendations?

Dr. Alex Garcia
Podiatry 21 years experience
Laser may help: There are many ways to treat a wart. While cryosurgery "freezing " the wart is probably the most popular method, I have found that laser is very effective. Your first step should be to have it check by a doctor to make sure it is indeed a wart.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Avoid Scarring.: Warts, especially when located on the toes, can be a little more difficult. With limited skin area and very specialized "thick" skin on the bottom, care must be taken. Techniques that cause damaging or scarring of this skin can create more challenging issues in the toe. Using dehydrating chemicals to reduce the wart size as well as kill small satellite warts helps and often is all that's needed.

Last updated May 7, 2016