U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old female asked:

I m 22 year old. m a virgin i have noticed a spongy tissue/pink ball covering my vagina.is it hymen or bladder prolapse from gym heavy weight lifting?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 24 years experience
Exam needed: See a Gynecologist. They will need to do a pelvic exam to see what it is you are referring to. An experienced gynecologist should be able to determine if what you are seeing is normal anatomy or something abnormal.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 1, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.