Cambridge City, IN

I have a mod-large pericaridal effuison inferio to lv & rv. when i bend over or move around does the fluid change location. how does that work? thanks

Dr. Donald Colantino
Effusion: If the effusion is not loculated, it will move around within the percardial sac with changes in position which you wouldn't notice usually. I assume a cardiologist is caring for you and knows the cause of the effusion(?pericarditis). Follow-up is important as if the effusion worsens, dangerous hemodynamic effects can occur requiring removal of the fluid creating an emergency situation.

Last updated Mar 20, 2016