U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old male asked:

I feel my heart beat in my ears and chest and it is pounding very fast. my resting bpm is 80. i have done ecg and echo and they are normal. advise?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Hospital-based practice 23 years experience
Holter or event moni: You have to capture your heartbeat during an episode of pounding & symptoms to see if it correlates. A Holter monitor or an "event monitor" is used to measure your ECG long-term & can help in diagnosis. Your friendly local Cardiologist should have such devices. Good luck, thanks for using HealthTap
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 18, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.