A male asked:

I've had a black spot on my gum for about 6 months and now it is getting a very small sore about the size of a pin head on it is it cancer?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
Show it to a Dr: Any black spot that is changing in color or growing in size needs to be checked by a medical or a dental professional(in your case). There is a small but real chance that it could turn into a melanoma, a type of Cancer. So get it checked...you may need a biopsy done if it is growing in size or dimensions.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2017