United Kingdom
A 59-year-old male asked about a 33-year-old female:

Whiplash neck strain in a lot of pain taking paracetamol and ibraophen allergic to codein what else can i take?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
I would consider: Massage therapy, acupuncture, a neck brace, and consider topical compound medications vs oral ones.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery 55 years experience
A few tips, Tylenol-: -is for pain relief.that is fine. Also rest, ice helps to reduce pain,activity modification, also I prefer Aleve (naproxen) to IBP. It's longer acting so you are less likely to miss a dose. Also it's a better anti inflammatory drug. The maximum dose is 750mg/ 2X daily. I have people start high then back down until you notice there is less effect, & only if you are able to take it. Worse/C PCP 3dy.
Last updated Mar 13, 2018