Canada

Post chronic lithium toxicity and withdrawal left me with terrible crawling sensations all over my body. is it temporary and is there a treatment?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 46 years experience
Unfortunately: I can't be terribly encouraging about this. Typically with chronic lithium poisoning there is a large body burden of lithium that is difficult to treat. Often this discovered with time or a new medication that alters kidney function or causes dehydration, causing the lithium level to rise. The symptoms you describe are not unusual. Treatment is symptomatic as for other peripheral neuropathies.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.