LB

i got a blood test today and for the first time in my life sgpt and sgot (liver enzymes) are very high. what could be the cause? pregnancy? smoking?

Pathology 44 years experience
This is serious: You will need a workup. If you are drinking or taking medications, they may be repeated. If still high, you'll be checked for Wilson's, hepatitis B and C, hemochromatosis, autoimmune hepatitis, and perhaps a few others. This may be due to your pregnancy and/or your body asking for more exercise. Best wishes.
Pathology 44 years experience
Provided original answer
Thanks for the followup and your kind words. Be strong and smart, and we'll find the cause and treat it.
Feb 22, 2016