I have upward anterior left SC joint dislocation but it's been 6weeks wnna have surgery what r the risks and can it really be back as it once were?

Dr. Keith Baldwin
14 years experience in Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
Not necessary: Repair of anterior SC dislocation is elective and mostly cosmetic (you trade a bump for a scar) posterior dislocation is fixed urgently or emergently if there is vascular or tracheal embarrassment. Chronic posterior dislocations are left alone. Overall if it's assymptomatic I'd leave it alone, these surgeries are very close to the great vessels with the attendant risks of vessel injury
Answered on Feb 11, 2016
1