Wolf Point, MT

can naproxen be used as an antibiotic?

Dr. Kathy Robinson
No: Naproxen is an anti-inflammatory, not an antibiotic. It will not kill bacteria.
Dr. Julan Crane
Naproxen: No because it is not an antibiotic .
Dr.
No: Naproxen is an anti inflammatory and can decrease inflammation but doesn't kill bacteria so can't be used as an antibiotic
Dr. Charles Turck
Pharmacology 17 years experience
No, it can't: Naproxen is anti-inflammatory drug and is not an antibiotic. It is used to treat pain and swellings, and does not kill bacteria. Therefore, it cannot be used as an antibiotic.
Dr. Christopher Cirino
Infectious Disease 23 years experience
No : Naproxen is an anti-inflammatory medication and is used to reduce swelling and pain. It does not have antibiotic properties.
Dr. Robert Douglas
Orthodontics 51 years experience
No: Naproxen (Aleve) is a drug similar to aspirin. It is good for temporary relief of mild to moderate pain. It will not treat an infection.