OH

My dentures are ill fitting and i talked alot more than normal today. my nose is tingling on the tip , i thbk its from my dentures rubbing where my front teeth were. can this be the cause or do i automatically have head \ neck cancer?

Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 42 years experience
Likely denture: If you have almost no bone in the middle of your upper jaw where the nose is, then you may have irritated the incisive papilla through which passes the nasopalatine nerve. This nerve has fibers which innervate the mucous membranes of the nose. Thus, you may have this feeling secondary to your ill-fitting denture. See the specialist -the Prosthodontist- for evaluation and new denture. Good Luck.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Probably the Denture: An ill fitting denture can cause all sorts of problems. Please have your dentist take a look and see of your current denture can be modified to fit correctly or if you need a new one fabricated.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Ill fitting: Ill fitting dentures can irritate the nerve that goes to both the tip of your nose and to your gums where your incisors used to be, ergo, itchy nose. This is pretty innocuous. Ill fitting dentures rubbing and irritating gums, can cause cancer, especially if you smoke. Dentures can be relied or replaced. Go see your Dentist.

Last updated Oct 5, 2020