My dentures are ill fitting and i talked alot more than normal today. my nose is tingling on the tip , i thbk its from my dentures rubbing where my front teeth were. can this be the cause or do i automatically have head \ neck cancer?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. John Thaler answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

Likely denture: If you have almost no bone in the middle of your upper jaw where the nose is, then you may have irritated the incisive papilla through which passes the nasopalatine nerve. This nerve has fibers which innervate the mucous membranes of the nose. Thus, you may have this feeling secondary to your ill-fitting denture. See the specialist -the Prosthodontist- for evaluation and new denture. Good Luck.

Answered 10/5/2020

1.7k views

Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Probably the Denture: An ill fitting denture can cause all sorts of problems. Please have your dentist take a look and see of your current denture can be modified to fit correctly or if you need a new one fabricated.

Answered 1/31/2016

1.7k views

Ill fitting: Ill fitting dentures can irritate the nerve that goes to both the tip of your nose and to your gums where your incisors used to be, ergo, itchy nose. This is pretty innocuous. Ill fitting dentures rubbing and irritating gums, can cause cancer, especially if you smoke. Dentures can be relied or replaced. Go see your Dentist.

Answered 10/23/2016

1.7k views