U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Laurel, MS
A 46-year-old female asked:

Should i worry i have a swollen vessel in my right eye it started out very small now it is quite large and hurts and burns from time to time?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 53 years experience
See eyedoctor: Eyes have many vessels that can be seen on the white surface. These usually are fairly constant but can briefly redden when the eye is irritated. They do not enlarge significantly in ordinary use. So if you have a vessel behaving this way, especially with pain (and critically if the vision is changing) then have your ophthalmologist evaluate it.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.