i am having pain in my neck at tje base of my skull in the left side. it only hurtsm if i turn my head to the left. it has been off and on for two weeks. i am also experiencing lightheadness and fatigue. no fever or any other symptoms.

Dr. Katharine Cox
44 years experience Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Pain: There is a nerve at the base of the skull, named your occipital nerve. If there is pressure on this nerve you may experience pain. This is often caused by muscle spasm. There are also muscles that attach in that area. Rest and warm compresses and massage often help. If this doesn't help see your doctor for an exam and any further investigations. All the best.
Answered on Jan 24, 2016
1