Trinidad and Tobago

Is it possible to get hiv from food if blood was on it? the blood looked like it was dried and was not swallowed, i saw it when i brushed my teeth

Pathology 49 years experience
Very, very unlikely: There is no evidence of an adult getting HIV from food.
Pathology 49 years experience
Provided original answer
Wish you good health!
Feb 1, 2018
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Probably not: Only if blood came from a person with HIV, was not left on the surface for less than 20 minutes, and then came in direct contact with your blood stream or Genito-urinary tract. If concerned, talk to your Physician about being tested, but I don't think the circumstances you described are problematic.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Not possible: You can get infected from sexual contact with someone who is infected with HIV but not from food with blood on it.

Last updated Feb 1, 2018