U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 17-year-old female asked:

I have been suffering with anxiety and depression for 3 years now and have attempted suicide twice as well as self harm, i need something to help me?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
A Verified Doctoranswered
Urgent Care 21 years experience
Major Depression: Definitely see your MD to help you find the right medicine and maintain cognitive behavioral therapy sessions-have you ever read about cognitive behavioral therapy? I believe that the answer is inside you- you can believe that you can and will be happy. Optimize your diet and start to exercise regularly- join a gym if possible. Exercise is a great way to elevate your mood+therapy+meds. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 6, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.