MN

I dropped a textbook on my foot, about 8 inches below my big toe. it's bruised and swollen, i can walk but it's hard & only the hospital is open.help

Dr. Christine Hom
Ice pack, elevate : Ice pack, elevate and consider your options. It is likely badly bruised, depending on which textbook. You can take some Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Advil. You can go to the hospital for an X-ray if you like but a book is not likely to break your foot bones.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeffrey Kahn
undefined 45 years experience
If your foot does not improve in 2-3 days seek the care of a podiatrist.
Jan 3, 2016
Dr. John Rhoades
Below: intermittent ice packs for the first 24 hours stay off the foot, limit wt bearing and if still painful tomorrow, then go get an xray.
Last updated Sep 30, 2016