Quitting smoking: safe to take l-tyrosine, l-tryptophan, and p-5-p to help dopamine and serotonin levels for a few months?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 32 years experience
As long as you like: Congrats on deciding to quit smoking. Pyridoxal-5-phosphate is active form of vitamin B6. L-trytophan is an essential amino acid that is converted into serotonin, a neurotransmitter. L-tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid that is converted into neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine & epinephrine. All are safe for human use but always check w/your Family Doc (who might recommend bupropion).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Vythilingam Alagappan
Bariatrics 41 years experience
Need willpower : Nicotine is the worst and most addictive substance of abuse known to mankind. The biggest obstacle is the ready availability and affordable cost. If you imagine your life being dictated by a 2 inch cigarette that too an inanimate object something is terribly wrong with your self control. You need to outsmart the cigarette. There is no other single step you can take in your life to better your life