Canada

i sat in a dirty chair at a mall and ate with my hands after without washing them. is it possible there could've been some germs on my hands?

Dr. Karen Koffler
Absolutely!: At the risk of grossing you out, the fact is, there are germs on the chairs, counter tops, every surface you see and spiraling around in the air. Obviously, we aren't all getting sick from them. I would not fear your mall experience but in general, it is a good idea to wash your hands before eating. But think about it: in the rest of the world, does everyone wash their hands every time they eat?
Dr. Dean Giannone
Wouldn't worry.: It's doubtful that a chair at the mall, no matter how filthy it may be, would harbor viable bacteria or viruses. That being said, it's always wise to wash your hands in such a circumstance.