i received treatment, cryotherapy, to my plantar warts. one of my three warts became a blister and it's really painful! can i soak my feet in epsom salt to alleviate the pain and reduce the swelling?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Brian Futrell
Specializes in Podiatry
Yes: blistering can be a very normal effect of the cryotherapy. acctually it means a more favorable out come. unfortunatly it also means pain with walking. if you have normal circulation feel free to soak. look for signs of infection. redness incresed pain swelling and inform your doctorn immediately
Answered on Jul 31, 2016
Dr. Richard Zimon
Forget: the epsom salt...just soak in hot (but not burning!!) water and call the Cryotherapist for exact advice ASAP! Hope this helps! Dr Z
Answered on Jan 9, 2016
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
56 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Yes: This is what one would expect especially with plantar warts . Soaking is not a problem as long as it does not cause pain and the water is clean.
Answered on Dec 26, 2015