Richland Center, Wisconsin

I occasionally have tan - colored stool that is flat in shape and smells of rotten eggs. in addition to this, it occasionally burns after i go to the?

Dr. Ashwin Patel
43 years experience
Seems to be normal.: The color of stool varies frequently and depends on the food eaten. The smell also varies on type of food eaten and the duration of digestion. Burning after bowel movements is a sign of soreness in the anal area usually from hard stools. If the symptoms are constant or associated with abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, fever, or blood in stools, then don't worry about them.
Dr. Paul Garrett
Radiology 41 years experience
Folks may want to read about exocrine pancreatic insufficiency for tan, loose, foul smelling stool. http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/exocrine-pancreatic-insufficiency I am not making a diagnosis for this particular person, but it bears reading.
Dec 25, 2015

Last updated Jan 23, 2021