i am a 23 year old female. i was told all of my hormones and thyroid levels are "within range" but i'm experiencing chronic tiredness, fibroids, sexual dis-function, no libido, and hair loss. my prolactin was elevated at 31.2.

Dr. Elena Padrell
39 years experience Psychiatry
Need thorough checkp: Fibroids may imply heavy bleeding, and anemia, fatigue, tiredness..Im not a Gyn , you need one. Why is prolactine high? Any meds? I would be concerned and agsin, best is to obtain a thorough gyn evaluation for correct diagnosis. And start treatment.
Answered on Nov 26, 2016
1
2
Dr. Johanna Fricke
49 years experience Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
Depending on a lab's range of normal, prolactin levels in non-pregnant adult females can be up to 29 ng/ml. It fluctuates with the menstrual cycle & is highest in the luteal phase. With reported symptoms, if a repeat is still mildly ^ed, a doctor may choose to order a Free T4 & Ultrasensitive TSH to check thyroid function. I agree that other clinical & lab investigation is warranted.
Dec 4, 2015