Stanton, KY

Having sexual dis-function and was told my hormones are within range, i am only 23. could fibroids be the cause of my issues?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes: Fibroids are notorious utilizers of estrogen, one of your female hormones, for continued growth. Moreover, it is difficult to engage in the "warm fuzzies"(sex) when you are in pain when the uterus containing fibroids is run into by a vaginal object. Talk to your MD, hopefully a GYN, about removal if they are bleeding, painful or uterine size greater than a 3 month pregnancy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 8, 2015