why do i love it when i'm physically hurt? when i was in an accident & stuck in bed for weeks, i was just so happy. it's always like that. am i weird?

Dr. Donald Bermont
46 years experience Clinical Psychology
Secondary gains: I don't know your history, but many people are attracted to the benefits gained from being sick or injured. You may be in pain and discomfort, but the expectations of what you are supposed to do drop dramatically. Your responsibilities, such as for your job or your family, are deferred as you are viewed as temporarily incapable. Also, now you don't take care of people, they take care of you
Answered on Dec 11, 2015
1